SeaTec-Comms Launch New Sat Support Department
Due to the extensive range of tasks that need to be carried out (sometimes more maritime-oriented, and sometimes more IT-related), On-board IT Support Engineers are often required to have a wider skill set.
The SeaTec Sat Support Department have Offices both India and in Europe in order to give global coverage to Seatec customers 24/7
24/7 Support to Maritime Customers
The main day-to-day tasks of the Sat Support Team involve the following:
- VSAT, Fleetbroadband and Iridium Solutions
- Traffic Monitoring
- Servers, Networks and Clients
- Vessel Takeover Solutions
- Backup and Data Recovery
- New Projects – CCTV, Media Centres, Crew Entertainment
- Special Projects
- Crew Safety and Welfare Solutions
- Email Support and assistance (GT Mail, GT MailPlus, Super-hub, Amosconnect)
- Firewall installation, configuration and deployment.
• Receiving calls and requests relating to the operation of the systems
• Assisting users in operating their system or accessing their information
• Informing users in case of problems, new releases, upgrades or planned maintenance of the system
- Providing an alert function to address major technical failures, or risk of failure, and monitoring the resolution of problems.
E-Ticket and Out of Hours
To effectively respond to requests, SeaTec customers have the possibility of using the E-Ticket Support Help Desk in order to log and follow the status of their requests, as well as a new 24 hour manned emergency hotline.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org